The only problem is they (probably like you) have a proven success path for work and business, but it needs tweaking to make the rest of their life work.
Which is why we focus on small action steps that make a big difference in creating a life with time for friends, family and fun not just work.
We skip the psychobabble fluff because who has time for that?
You’re smart and hardworking. You’ve done your research, taken classes, read
Rich Dad, Poor Dad, Think and Grow Rich and Atomic Habits.
But those methods aren’t enough.
What makes me different than other coaches?
You see. Thanks to over 25 years of experience as a psychotherapist I have a proven history of helping people improve their communication and problem solving skills, so that they can have time for family, time for themselves and earn a good living.
For more than 15 years I’ve had a solo private psychotherapy practice, so not only do
I understand the ins and outs of running a business myself.
I’ve dealt with real life issues ambitious people have such as:
What others say it’s like to work with Tamara:
Tamara has been great at helping me set my intentions and goals. She is focused, trustworthy, experienced and supportive. I have learned new things about myself and my passion and possibilities in each of my coaching sessions.
Before working with Tamara I was anxious all the time and the thought of running my business for 10 more years was depressing, my home life was only marginally better. She helped me re-organize my business, so that I enjoyed going to the office again and my home life became a place I loved to be instead of a place I dreaded
Unlike those other coaches
who spend a few months taking a part time life coaching class while working as a bartender or receptionist and then call themselves a life coach I have over 25 years of experience counseling and coaching people to solve problems and have more satisfying lives.
Together we’ll identify subtle shifts to your daily routine, so that you don’t feel guilty about your ambition or guilty for missing out on being at your kids activities or your friend’s get together.
You can enjoy time hiking, being at the lake, or having dinner with friends. You will be able to relax and feel truely content.
6 things to know
- I’m a J not a P in the Myers-Briggs. That means I make decisions and take action. I work best with action takers like you.
- I believe any problem has several possible solutions. I honed my skills teaching problem solving and communication in over 25 years treating anxiety, depression and couple’s counseling. If the first solution doesn’t work we’ll find another solution.
- I know how to work hard and take calculated risks. I started my solo psychotherapy practice in the middle of my divorce with two kids under 12 and no child support. When they were in college I started a second business to try my hand at online business.
- I’m a big picture person, but terrible at details like catching typos and balancing my checkbook. That’s why my bookkeeper is an essential part of my team and if I don’t have an editor look at my emails you will probably find a typo.
- I have an ariel hoop hanging in my living room. I hate to exercise, but know it’s good for me so I’ve tried everything to make it fun and keep me motivated. The ariel hoop definitely upped the fun factor for me.
- My kids are on a quest to change the world & they will. One has a masters in economics, a podcast with his best friend from high school and works as a data base administrator. The other is working on his masters in international relations & diplomacy. He turned down a full ride scholarship to Notre Dame, because he got a better offer from a better school. They are both engaged to wonderful women who like me as much as I like them.